Dear friends, family & supporters,
It is widely known that I am an incredible dancer.
Kidding. To say that I have two left feet would be nothing short of charitable. That said, I still absolutely love to dance. There’s just something so freeing about it so that no matter your skill level, dance is an act of joy. Whether you are graceful athletes like the Chai dancers or a complete klutz like me, dance has a place in all our lives.
It is in this spirit that the Chai Folk Ensemble is joining together with the Rady Jewish Community Centre to produce a fun, DIY dance project that will be sent out across the city as the Jewish community’s Folklorama-like offering. While we’re all saddened that we won’t be able to represent all of you and Israel at a formal pavilion this August, the project will hopefully encompass the pride and passion this community showcases every year. The final video will be comprised of easy-to-learn dance sequences sent in by anyone who wishes to participate, quilted together into one joyous piece.
I will let Rachel (Chai’s dance director) explain more about the project in the linked VIDEO , but let me stress that this project is accessible to EVERYONE. Whether you want to learn every step or modify for your own comfort level, we’d love to include you! Dancing with the whole family? Great! Dancing in a chair? Fantastic! Dancing on the dock at your lake? Absolutely! This is about having a great time and loving our shared culture.
Instructions for how to submit your video are below. Can’t wait to see what you all come up with!
Sarah Sommer Chai Folk Ensemble
HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR VIDEO:
- Go to www.wetransfer.com
- Click on “Send a File”
- A box will appear on the top left side where you fill in the email address of where to send your file (please use: email@example.com) and include your own email address.
- There is also a blue plus sign to add the file you want to transfer. Select your video file.
- It will probably want to verify your email by sending you a code to insert.
- Click send when it says you’re ready to send the file.
- Please send a regular email to firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us you sent the file by WeTransfer so we make sure it arrives.
DEADLINE is Monday, July 20.