As you are aware, earlier this week the Manitoba government announced the gradual easing of provincial restrictions, some of which directly affect the Rady JCC. With that in mind, next Monday, March 8, we will be reopening our pool with select activities, restrictions, and reduced hours of operation in place.
Beginning Monday, our temporary hours of operation for our pool will be:
- Monday – Friday, 6:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday – Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
For our first phase of our pool reopening, only lap swimming will be available. All other pool activities including group aqua classes and swim lessons are still not available and will come in later reopening phases yet to be determined. At this time, we do not know when this will be.
We will have a total of three lap lanes available for you to use. Swim times are 45 minutes. You must pre-book your lane times and you must do this through our online pre-booking system. Individual bookings can be made up to 72 hours in advance and it works on a first-come, first-serve basis.
If you require assistance learning how to use our online pre-booking system, please contact our Aquatics Manager at 204.477.7541 Mondays through Fridays, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Please note that due to shortened staffing right now, you may not immediately reach the Aquatics Manager and will need to leave a message.
Please note the following other items:
- There is a maximum of three (3) lap swimmers permitted at a time – this is to ensure we are following physical distancing measures by keeping every other lap lane open
- There is absolutely no lane sharing permitted at this time and there are no exceptions to this rule whatsoever
- Guests are absolutely not permitted to enter the pool area at any time
- Family changerooms will be available for your use beginning 15 minutes before your scheduled lap swim time
- Lifeguards will monitor the change room once the swimmers have finished their swims
- Entrance into the pool area and exit into the change room will be staggered
- Entrance into the pool area will be allowed once all rooms and equipment have been properly sanitized and cleaned by Rady JCC staff
- Lap swimmers must bring their own towels and other personal belongings such as goggles and nose plugs
- There will be no sharing of items on the pool deck
- All previous rules stated by the Rady aquatics facility are still in effect
- Lifeguard’s say is final
Finally, please note that the Rady JCC has a zero-tolerance policy for harassment of any of our staff or lifeguards. Failure to abide by our policy could result in loss of swim privileges.
Individual bookings for next Monday can be made starting this Friday. To book your lane, please use our online pre-booking system.