Dear Rady JCC Friends,
All this week we continue to communicate things you need to know leading up to our official reopening next Monday. Today, we will brief you on the Rady JCC’s heightened cleaning procedures and policies in response to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Every heightened cleaning measure we have implemented has been done with the health and wellbeing of our members, staff, and volunteers top of mind as well as under the direction of the provincial government and Health Canada.
The best protection against this virus is ongoing sanitization. Both the Asper Jewish Community Campus cleaning staff as well as our Rady staff have strict cleaning and ongoing sanitization schedules.
The Asper Jewish Community Campus cleaning staff will perform:
- Nightly deep cleaning of the entire Rady JCC fitness and aquatic facilitie
- Hourly sterilization of commonly touched surfaces such as door handles and railings
- Hourly deep cleaning and sterilization of all public men’s and women’s restrooms throughout the Rady JCC as well as within the greater Asper Campus building
- Hourly deep cleaning and sterilization of Rady JCC family changerooms, restrooms, and showers
Our various Rady staff will perform:
- Hourly sterilization of all available fitness equipment, machines, and free weights on the fitness facility floor
- Ongoing sterilization of the Rady JCC Sports Desk check-in site’s commonly touched surfaces
Finally, as a member, we ask that you:
- Follow your doctor’s orders: if you are told to stay home, please stay home
- Cover any coughs or sneezes with tissues or your inner elbow
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water and use the available hand sanitization stations upon arrival to our facility and throughout your time here
- Sterilize any fitness equipment, machines, or free weights both before and after use
Please know that everything done by staff will be tracked and recorded in order to ensure these specific measures are taking place properly and on schedule. You can work out knowing that you are in a clean environment without cause to worry.
Finally, if you are concerned with any sanitization procedures or products used, please ask any of the Rady JCC staff during your time here. We are here to help and to put your mind at easy so you can focus on the reason why you have come back to the Rady – for a first-class fitness experience.
See you in one week.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s communication: ‘COUNTDOWN TO RADY REOPENING – What’s the Story with Rady’s Aquatic Centre?’