|Dear Rady JCC Friends,
Last week we announced we will be reopening our doors to our fitness and aquatic centre on Monday, June 15, 2020. From now until our reopening, we plan to provide you with ongoing information on everything you will need to know for your eventual return.
In accordance with the provincial government, we are able to be in operation at a 50% maximum capacity on our fitness centre floor. We have set our maximum capacity to 70 people total at one time. Even though we do not require advanced bookings to enter our facility, we ask that you kindly limit your workouts to 90 minutes in consideration of others. While we do not anticipate this occurring, you may be asked to wait if we are at maximum capacity.
The safety and well-being of our members, staff, and volunteers is paramount with everything we implement. Although things may look a little bit different, the overall positive experience you expect to have at your Rady JCC will still be there.
Please note some other changes in advance of your return later this month:
Updated hours of operation:
Monday – Thursday
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday
8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The pool closes 30 minutes prior to facility closure and the fitness facility closes 15 minutes prior to facility closure every day
New entry procedures and policies:
- For screening purposes, you will be asked if you have travelled in the last 14 days
- You will be asked if you have been in contact with someone confirmed or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- You will be asked if you have any of the following: fever or chills, new cough or increase in the amount of coughing, sore throat, shortness of breath, headache or unusual headache, or sore muscles not related to overexertion or exercise
- Your temperature will be taken with a non-contact temperature gun and will be denied entry if above normal
- We will only accept contactless forms of payment until further notice
Limited access to certain areas/machines:
- Both the men’s and the women’s locker rooms are closed until further notice – please be sure to plan for this before you enter our facility
- The family change room is open specifically for individuals using the pool only and will be limited to a maximum of 6 people at a time
- The Rady pool will only be available for lap swimming at this time and must be pre-booked
- Rady towel service will not be available at this time
- Rady steam rooms will be closed until further notice
- All Rady JCC water fountains will be shut off – please bring your own bottled water
- In order to practice proper physical distancing, certain exercise equipment and machines will be blocked off from use
- Hard to clean equipment such as foam rollers and yoga blocks will be unavailable
- We will no longer be allowing drop-ins for our various classes – you must use our booking system to reserve classes in advance
- All studio fitness classes will have reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing rules
Heightened cleaning/personal sanitization procedures:
- We will be regularly cleaning all areas of the fitness and aquatic facility on a set schedule – some areas may be cordoned off during these times
- We require members to clean any equipment before and after personal use using available sanitization sprays and wipes
- We require members to use the available hand sanitization stations set up at the facility entry and throughout our facility
Personal protective equipment requirements:
- Rady staff and instructors (excluding group fitness instructors) are required to wear masks at all times
- Members are required to wear masks while entering and exiting the facility and may choose at their own discretion to wear masks while on the fitness floor
- Gloves are not a requirement at this time
We will continue to update www.radyjcc.com with this and future information pertaining to our reopening.
Stay tuned for tomorrow’s communication: ‘COUNTDOWN TO RADY REOPENING – No-cost membership freeze options’