These are difficult times we are facing. It is important for all of us to remain active and engaged while we continue to do our parts in practicing physical distancing to help curb the Coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic.
We recently announced that our fitness and aquatic centre will be reopening on Monday, June 15 and we look forward to welcoming our members back to the comfort of the Rady.
Our first class in-person programming events are cancelled until further notice, but we will continue to provide programming and activities for everyone.
Please continue to enjoy Rady JCC Virtual Connect: an online collection of links and resources to fitness classes, health resources, and cultural programs and activities.
Enjoy and be sure to check back soon for updates.
2020 Rady JCC Summer Day Camps
Click here for more information.
LIVE Jewish Business Network Workshops:
We are going live with some incredible Jewish Business Network professional development classes and workshops. You will have different opportunities to learn from and interact with various business professionals in a variety of fields and industries as they volunteer their time to share their expertise on a variety of topics.
More classes and workshops will be announced soon.
LIVE Virtual Classes by Rady JCC Personal Trainers and Instructors:
We are going live with our Rady JCC Virtual Connect fitness classes! Beginning this week, you will have different opportunities to learn from and interact with our Rady JCC Instructors as they volunteer their time to host virtual sessions through the simple-to-use Zoom video virtual platform.
Stay tuned for LIVE classes to be available again shortly!
Virtual Workouts & Classes by Rady JCC Personal Trainers and Instructors:
- Outdoor Workout Ideas “NEW”
Health & Well-Being
Coronavirus (COVID-19) health & well-being resources:
- Crisis, Corona & Cohesiveness in Families, by Professor Emeritus Solly Dreman – Solly Dreman is Professor Emeritus in Ben Gurion University of the Negev’s Department of Psychology. He was a Fulbright Scholar at the Langley Porter Neuropsychiatric Institute, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco in 1977-78. (posted May 15)
Cooking classes, demonstrations, & recipes:
- The Reiss Girls’ Kitchen – Join local Jewish community members Lisa and Pam Reiss in the kitchen as they share some of their best recipes in these fun cooking tutorials: (updated May 27)
- Duff’s Chocolate Babka – Celebrity Chef Duff Goldman recalls his great-grandmother’s baking recipes and gives the secrets behind her famous chocolate babka (posted April 20)
Winnipeg Synagogue Virtual Programming:
- Beit Chayim – The Online Centre for Jewish Life and Learning – June Programs – Join members of Etz Chayim’s clergy team during this time of physical distance for the opportunity to connect and engage virtually. (via Congregation Etz Chayim)
- Mondays 10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Meditation Mondays with Rabbi Kliel
- Tuesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. “Seeking Spiritual Wisdom in the Time of the Pandemic”, Conversations with Rabbi Amy Eilberg
- Wednesdays 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Cyber Lunch & Learn with Rabbi Kliel
- Wednesdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. – Midrash & Mixology”, with Rabbi Dr. Ryan Dulkin
- Thursdays 7:00 p.m. – 8:15 p.m. “Secret Codes and other Modes” with Cantor Tracy
- Book Club – Monday, June 15 – 7:30 p.m. – “You are not What we Expected” with author Sidura Ludwig
Israeli dance classes:
- IFD Israeli Folk Dancing for Beginners with Sham Harei Golan (posted April 22)
- IFD Israeli Folk Dancing for Beginners with Lo Ahavti Dai (posted April 22)
Music & dance:
- LIVE From Emmet’s Place – Live-streaming every Monday night, 6:30 p.m.
- Weekly Jazz Concert concert series featuring jazz musician Emmet Cohen streaming every Monday night via Emmet Cohen’s Facebook page (posted April 14)
We here at Rady are a community. Our community is defined by the character of our members: strong, resilient, and caring. We are here for you to stay active and engaged, until the time comes we can welcome everyone back to the community we all love.
For now, to stay informed with all the latest updates and news, click here.