Three weeks after opening registration, all available 2020 Rady JCC Summer Day Camps have sold out.
“We are incredibly excited about this news,” said Tamar Barr, Rady JCC’s Assistant Executive Director. “During these difficult times, to see such a positive response from our community and beyond is inspirational.”
Individual 2020 Rady JCC Day Camps, starting July 6 and running weekly for eight weeks, will have smaller maximum capacities than previous years due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and physical distancing restrictions mandated by the provincial government.
“While our camp sizes will be smaller this year, our dedicated staff have worked extremely hard in our preparations to ensure the overall campership experience will not be affected at all,” said Barr. “Campers can still expect to have fun and engaging sessions while parents can rest assured knowing their children will be in a safe environment.”
Rady anticipates close to 1000 children ranging in age from pre-school to Grade 8 to take part this year. If unable to register already, Rady is now accepting names for its 2020 Day Camp waiting list should any potential spots become available during the summer months. Parents should call 204.477.7510 if interested.
“Every step we have taken and continue to take is done so with the safety and well-being of our campers top-of-mind,” Barr said. “We are looking forward to a great summer.”
To view a complete list of this year’s camp listings, click here.
2020 Rady Day Camp Increased Safety Measures
- Daily health screening checks including temperature checks for campers and staff
- Staggered drop-off and pick-up times utilizing different building entrances
- 20 camper maximums for the majority of camp groups
- No camp-wide activities – programming to be staggered or spread out accordingly
- Swimming limited to 20 children at a time
- Personal protective equipment provided for day camp staff
- No Hot Lunch Program offered
- Toys, equipment, and often-touched surfaces sanitized regularly
- Routine hand washing/sanitization required for campers between activities
For more information, please contact:
Assistant Executive Director