|Your gifts to the Rose & Max Rady Jewish Community Centre make an incredible difference in helping to sustain the viability of our facility. We will assist you in finding an area for your donation that matches your wishes and interests. |
We are grateful for the tremendous generosity shown by donors past and present to the Rose & Max Rady Jewish Community Centre.
The Circle of Friends: Supporting Members Program
The Rose and Max Rady Jewish Community Centre is a not-for-profit community agency providing a broad range of programs and services for all age groups to meet the diverse need of its members, the Jewish community and the community-at-large. The Circle of Friends: Supporting Members Program was created to help sustain the viability of the Rady Jewish Community Centre. Contributors to this category will help develop and sustain the ongoing social, cultural, physical, recreational and intellectual needs of our Jewish community and the community-at-large. Membership and program fees and our annual WJF/CJA allocation, account for only 85% of our total budget. It is essential for the Rady JCC to raise additional revenue in order to remain a leading and viable Centre for the next 50 years and beyond.
To thank our Supporting Members, the Rady JCC offers special benefits at each level of the supporting categories. Please consider becoming a Supporting Member at the highest level or a level of your choice. You can make the difference!
To be a member of the Circle of Friends: Supporting Program, please call Robyn Lieberman at 477-7546.
Tributes are an appropriate way to mark an occasion or honour/memorialize friends or relatives. You can donate any amount starting at five dollars and we will send an acknowledgement according to your wishes. The Tribute Fund is used to improve the facilities and services offered at the Centre. Cards are available online or in person at the reception desk. Tax receipts are issued for individual donations greater than ten dollars.
Please click here
to send your online Tribute Card today.
The YM/YMHA and the Rose and Max Rady Jewish Community Centre on March 5th, 2004 celebrated their 85th anniversary, of providing a central address for the Jewish community and an outstanding array of programs and services to all of Winnipeg. Help that tradition continue by considering a gift or a bequest to the agency’s Endowment Fund, part of The Jewish Foundation of Manitoba. Your charitable gift will be publicly and privately acknowledged and, of the most importance, you become a guarantor of the future of this very important and dynamic resource for our community.
Annual Sports Dinner
Attendance at the Annual Sports Dinner enables the Rady JCC to continue to offer much needed on-going programs at the Centre. The event happens yearly in the spring with over 700 attending. The evening includes world renowned sport figures as speakers and a silent auction which features items such as trips as well as coveted sports memorabilia and gift donations by local retail establishments.
The Rady JCC helps to make the community-at-large a better place, through:
Providing Children with a Caring Environment that Develops Young Minds and Bodies
- Our day camps and after school programs provide high quality programs to over 1,100 children each year from across the city
- We provide over $7000 in camp scholarships to ensure all children have access to our day camps
- Our camps our fully integrated, making sure that all children, including those with special needs are part of the JCC
- Our aquatics and sport & recreation programs reach 3,200 children each year, helping kids to stay active and develop leadership skills
- We offer top quality fulltime childcare to over 80 children each year through our daycare.
Keeping families Active and Connected to the Community
- We offer a breadth of fitness and wellness programs for every member of the family to encourage a healthy, active community.
- Our financial assistance program provides over $200,000 in scholarships to families and individuals who are unable to pay the full cost of a membership.
- Our family-oriented programs and events encourage the socialization, engagement and integration of families into the community.
Reaching Out to Seniors
- We provide cultural and fitness programs for over 500 seniors in our community each year.
- Our weekly Stay Young Club provides 70 seniors with entertainment and opportunities to socialize.
- Our discounted / fully-subsidized transportation for seniors encourages activity, participation and engagement in the community.
Helping Individuals with Special Needs
- We offer programs and camps for children & young adults with special needs to encourage socialization and physical fitness awareness, as well as to provide learning opportunities for independent living skills.
Shaping the Community’s Future Well-Being through our Youth Programs
- Our programs for youth inspire teens to take active roles in leadership training, social and community action, volunteering, sports & the arts, and foster strong bonds with the State of Israel.
- We encourage youth to uptake and maintain habits for an active & healthy lifestyle through providing appealing facilities such as XRKade™ as well as opportunities to exercise & interact with other youth on special ‘strictly teens’ programs.
Enriching the Community
- Through programs such as the Israeli Concert Series, Music N’ Mavens, and the Annual Jewish Book Fair, we provide enlightenment opportunities to the community-at-large.
- We provide community enrichment workshops through organizing musicians, artists & authors featured in our cultural programs to meet with Winnipeg students from various elementary & secondary schools, as well as Universities.
Help us expand out reach to the community and make a difference in someone’s health and wellness through your donation to our Scholarship Fund
Tax receipts are issued for donations over $10.