Special Events/Development Manager
Are you an experienced fundraising professional, with a strong background in special events, a track record in sourcing and preparing successful grant applications, demonstrated experience developing strong relationships and the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences?
The Rady JCC is Winnipeg’s largest Jewish agency. Our mission is to be the centre of the community by providing the best in Jewish culture, early learning, and wellness for people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities. We offer a wide range of programs for all ages in the Jewish and general community that includes children, families, teens, seniors and people of all ages with special needs. We are looking for a Special Events/Development Manager to ensure we have the resources to meet the needs of the community.
Reporting to the Executive Director, you bring at least 3 years’ experience in development work, with a strong background in special events. This is a new position and in addition to supporting our annual Sports Dinner, you will be responsible for sourcing and preparing grant proposals, administering our new fundraising software, and establishing new revenue development strategies.
You are a strong team player with good judgment, who is committed to community with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You have experience working with volunteers and provide the highest level of customer service. You are looking for a challenge and like managing a range of projects simultaneously.
The ideal candidate is sensitive to Jewish traditions and culture, and possesses a related post-secondary education. You will:
- Plan and coordinate special events, including but not limited to the annual Rady JCC Sports Dinner
- Manage sponsorships and have experience in overseeing charity auctions
- Manage donor database, ensuring data integrity,
- Source and prepare grant proposals to support programs and other initiatives
- Oversee current fundraising initiatives and develop new initiatives to support our mission
- Plan and oversee budgets and meet or exceed fundraising targets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with donors, key stakeholders, volunteers, board, and staff
- Working closely with the Marketing and Communications Manager, develop and implement a communications program to support fundraising initiatives
Interested individuals are invited to submit their resumes with salary expectations by December 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.